Prof. Dr. Lesley Jane Smith, FRSE, LL.M., LL.B. (Hons.)
Solicitor and Notary Public
Study of Law at the universities of Edinburgh und
Brussels. Bachelor of Laws with Honours, Edinburgh
University. Master of Laws, Free University of Brussels.
Doctor of Law, Bremen University.
Legal Officer, Scottish Law Commission. Admitted as
Solicitor in Scotland in 1981. 1983 appointment as Notary Public.
Professor of German and International Economic Law, Comparative and
Anglo-American Law at Lüneburg University and erstwhile Professor for European Law
at Hanse Law School Bremen. Guest Lecturer at the Universities of Urbino
and Bolzano. Rector Riga Graduate School of Law (RGSL) 2007/2008. Visiting Professor, University of Strathclyde Space Institute.
General Counsel, International Astronautical Federation (IAF).
Corresponding Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh
(Scotland's National Academy)
- Bremen Bar Association
- The Law Society of Scotland
- Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats (AIJA)
- British-German Jurists’ Association
- UK Association of European Law
- UK Association of Comparative Law
- International Institute of Space Law
- European Centre for Space Law
- Member of the International Academy of Astronautics (IAA)